They Invented What? (No. 188)
U.S. Pat. No. 7,117,611: Body hair and feet drying chair.
Field of the Invention:
The present invention relates to a human body drying apparatus. More specifically, the invention is a body hair and feet drying chair that circulates air to dry a person’s toes and body hair in dampness-prone body areas, especially genital and posterior areas.
1. A body hair and feet drying chair, comprising:
an upright base having a top portion, a middle portion, and a bottom portion, the upright base having a hollow interior, an open bottom, and a bottom edge surrounding the open bottom;
a rubber O ring disposed along said bottom edge of said open bottom, said rubber O ring configured to provide a seal between said bottom edge and a floor surface;
a seat disposed on the top portion of said base, the seat having a central concave portion and a rim portion, the rim portion surrounding the central concave portion, the central concave portion having a plurality of air outlets defined therein, the plurality of air outlets being in communication with the hollow interior of said base;
a footrest defined in the bottom portion of said base, said footrest formed as a depression in said base bottom portion, said footrest including a footrest floor with a plurality of air channels comprising apertures in said floor of said footrest, each of said air channels being in communication with the hollow interior of said base; and
a motorized fan disposed within the middle portion of the hollow interior of said base, the motorized fan being configured to draw air into the hollow interior through said plurality of air channels in said footrest floor and to expel air from the hollow interior through said plurality of air outlets in said central concave portion of said seat.
2. The body hair and feet drying chair of claim 1, wherein said upright base is generally an hourglass shape having a widened bottom portion, a relatively narrow middle portion and a widened top portion.
3. The body hair and feet drying chair of claim 1, wherein said air outlets in said central concave portion of said seat include large air outlets centrally located within the central concave portion, medium air outlets surrounding the large air outlets, and small air outlets at the periphery of the central concave portion.
4. The body hair and feet drying chair of claim 1, further including a plurality of support arms extending inwardly from an interior surface of the base middle portion; said plurality of support arms supporting a motor mounting bracket; and said motorized fan being mounted on said motor mounting bracket.
5. The body hair and feet drying chair of claim 1, further including an additional air outlet located in and disposed through the rear periphery of the rim portion of said seat.
6. The body hair and feet drying chair of claim 1, further including a sat back extending upwardly from said seat.