They Invented What? (No. 6)
U.S. Pat. No. 6,865,843: Portable Electrical Mouse Trap.
What is claimed is:
1. A portable electrical mouse trap for capturing and killing a mouse, comprising: a housing in the shape of a cat having a head with a pair of eyes and a mouth defining an interior cavity, the mouth forming an entrance to the interior cavity; a primary motion sensor near the entrance to the interior cavity for selectively closing the mouth; a retractable primary gate in electrical communication with the primary motion sensor; a collection chamber within the interior cavity for holding a plurality of captured mice; a reservoir of a mouse-attracting fragrance that automatically dispenses within the interior cavity; a secondary motion sensor near an entrance to the collection chamber; a retractable secondary gate in electrical communication with the secondary motion sensor; and a vacuum source in communication with the collection chamber, wherein the primary motion sensor and secondary motion sensor detect the presence of a mouse inside the interior cavity and activate the vacuum source to draw the mouse into the collection chamber and close the secondary gate.
2. The portable electrical mouse trap as recited in claim 1, wherein the primary motion sensor closes the mouth when the mouse enters the interior cavity and the mouth opens when the mouse enters the collection chamber.
3. The portable electrical mouse trap as recited in claim 2, wherein the eyes automatically illuminate when the mouse enters the collection chamber.
4. The portable electrical mouse trap as recited in claim 3, wherein the vacuum source sucks the mouse fully into the collection chamber where it suffocates.
5. The portable electrical mouse trap as recited in claim 4, wherein the interior cavity further contains a speaker from which a purring noise emanates when the collection chamber is full of dead mice.