They Invented What? (No. 123)
U.S. Pat. No. 7,258,592: Santa Claus visit kit.
JW Note: Wishing a Happy Holidays to all! See you in 2009!
What is claimed is:
1. A kit for creating an illusion that suggests a Santa Claus visit in a premises, said kit comprising:
a) items revealed to a child audience comprising
i) a displayer Christmas diorama that, when assembled, at least partly bounds a region in which small items can be placed, said diorama having a plurality of panels, a first image being imprinted on one of said panels;
ii) amusement items for use by at least a member of said child audience in carrying out steps that said child audience is invited to believe will assist Santa Claus in making said visit; and
b) items at least temporarily concealed from the child audience, said concealed items comprising means for making boot print resembling marks to mark an illusionary trail of Santa Claus in said premises and a card having a second image, the second image being similar to the first image but also containing a representation of Santa Claus.
2. A kit as claimed in claim 1 wherein one of said panels comprises a pocket permitting said card to be inserted into said diorama, to superimpose said first image with said second image.
3. A kit as claimed in claim 1 wherein said first image is a scene as viewed from a window.
4. A kit as claimed in claim 1 wherein said second image is a holographic three-dimensional image.
5. A kit as claimed in claim 1 wherein said means for making boot prints comprises a stencil.
6. A kit as claimed in claim 1 wherein said amusement items further comprise a toy key.
7. A kit as claimed in claims 1 or 6 wherein said amusement items further comprise packaged glitter.
8. A kit as claimed in claim 1 wherein said concealed items further comprise a lifelikeness enhanced image card and a letter professing to be from Santa Claus, said card removably attachable to said diorama.
9. A kit as claimed in claim 1 wherein said amusement items further comprise packaged glitter.
10. A kit as claimed in claim 1 wherein said concealed items further comprise a letter professing to be from Santa Claus.