They Invented What? (No. 225)
U.S. Patent No. 3,771,192: Combination toy dog and vacuum cleaner.
1. In combination, a toy animal closely resembling a dog and having a hair covered shell and a hollow interior, a vacuum cleaner enclosed in said interior including a suction hose having a nozzle at the end thereof detachably fastened to the tail end of said dog and being retractable outwardly therefrom, said nozzle being of the general configuration of a tail for said dog.
2. A toy dog as recited in claim 1 including means for converting said vacuum cleaner to a blower so as to blow air from said nozzle.
3. A toy dog as recited in claim 2 together with a heater for heating air emanating from said blower so that heated air issuing from said nozzle serves as a dryer.
4. A toy dog as recited in claim 2 wherein said means includes an end cover plate air inlet unit converting a blower into a vacuum cleaner when said suction hose is removed from the outlet and connected to the inlet of the vacuum cleaner.
5. A toy dog as recited in claim 1 together with an air inlet grille mounted on the front end portion of said dog and an access door located in the lower stomach portion of the dog.