U.S. Patent N0. 6,053,798: Structural improvement of toy Christmas tree.
JW Note: Wishing a Happy Holidays to all! See you in 2016!
For more holiday TIW? from years past, click here.
What is claimed is:
1. A toy Christmas tree, comprising:
a base having an interior portion;
a foundation unit installed on top of said base;
branches disposed on an outside of said foundation unit to simulate an exterior appearance of a Christmas tree;
a power source disposed inside said base;
a control circuit board coupled to said power source and having a control circuit;
a transmission device installed at a lower part of said foundation unit, said transmission device including:
a motor coupled to said control circuit board, said control circuit causing said motor to intermittently switch on and off, said motor being fixed to one side of the lower part of said foundation unit, said motor having a rotatable shaft that is intermittently caused to rotate as said motor is intermittently switched on and off, said shaft having teeth;
a reduction gear in engagement with the teeth of said shaft, and being rotatably driven by said shaft as said shaft rotates;
a pushing rod eccentrically located on a side of said reduction gear, said pushing rod being caused to move as said reduction gear is rotated; and
a spring linked to said pushing rod, said spring being stretched when said motor is switched on and said reduction gear is rotated in a first direction, said spring retracting when said motor is switched off thereby causing said reduction gear to rotate in a second direction that is opposite to the first direction;
a lower jaw part located at a front of the lower part of the foundation unit, and including:
a jaw plate extending away from the foundation unit; and
a support plate disposed at a bottom of the jaw plate, said support plate having a middle section serving as a hinge, the jaw plate being attached to a top of said support plate in front of the hinge, said support plate having a slide channel disposed at a rear of the hinge, said slide channel being penetrated by said pushing rod; and
an eyebrow part located at the front of an upper part of the foundation unit, and including:
two eyeballs respectively fitted to two sides of the foundation unit;
an eyebrow rod;
an L-plate pivotally connected to the front of the upper part of the foundation unit, said eyebrow rod being connected to a front end of the L-plate; and
a driving rod linking a rear end of said L-plate to said pushing rod, said driving rod being driven by said pushing rod as said reduction gear is rotated;
wherein the on-and-off rotation of the motor is controlled by pulses emitted by the control circuit board, so by means of the rotation of the pushing rod via the reduction gear and the stretching and retracting of the spring, the jaw plate and the eyebrow rod will be intermittently driven to move up and down.
U.S. Patent No. 7,908,676: Shacket™
JW Note: Thanks to Mr. Andrew Custer for bringing this one to our attention. Interesting for use of the (TM) symbol in the title of the patent.
What is claimed is:
1. A sheltering device comprised of: a free standing skeletal structure comprised of two sets of flexible poles; a plurality of pole pockets adapted to receive and secure the ends of said flexible poles in an arced position; a dome structure having a fitted jacket component comprised of at least one separately assembled front panel, at least one separately assembled back panel, at least two separately assembled sleeved side panels; and a false hem for concealing at least one dome wall extension component; wherein said at least one separately assembled front panel, at least one separately assembled back panel and at least two separately assembled side panels are selectively attached by at least one closure device concealed by a zipper concealing panel; at least one dome wall inserts consisting of material fabric used for forming the walls of said dome sheltering device and adding additional surface area; a dome wall extension component comprised of material fabric adapted to form walls of said sheltering device; a dome structure frame comprised of a plurality of lightweight, selectively attachable pole components which are configured to form at least two flexible dome-support poles; at least four pole pockets for securing the ends of said at least two flexible dome-support poles so that said at least two flexible dome-support poles arc to support a dome-shaped structure; and at least two channel pockets for securing said at least two arced flexible dome-support poles; at least one back-centered pole pouch for storing said plurality of lightweight, selectively attachable pole components along the plane of a wearer’s back; at least one visibility component of a material selected from the group consisting of plastic, mesh, any material adapted to allow light into said dome sheltering device and combinations thereof; and at least two sleeve sealing components for sealing the sleeves when said fitted jacket component is used as said dome sheltering device.
U.S. Patent No. 8,609,158: Diane’s manna.
JW Note: Thanks to Guy L. for bringing this patent to our attention. Guy tells us that his favorite quotes also include:
Column 1, Line 24:
“Exhibit G has a combination that is so strong after you quit taking it, that every drug manufacturer on this planet will be wanting to kill me.”
Column 3, Line 12:
“I am almost normal when I take my favorite best method.”
Column 18, Line 10:
Some ingredients include “sand, dirt, rock, volcanic ash…”
Column 20, Line 41:
“The Dr’s had me on $800 per month mood stabilizers”
This is a potent drug with narcotic benefits made from distinctly and uniquely combined and processed interchangeable seed and seed derivatives that are so potent that it removes or alleviates depression, mood disorders, Attention Disorder symptoms, thought disorder, mental illness, pain, right lip retardation symptoms, physical problems, Lymph Node cancer and many other illness symptoms. It removes bumps in the neck within a week or two. It is interchangeable in most aspects. It can be combined and processed with Pharmaceuticals and medicines to create new drugs. These Pharmaceuticals are now long lasting. I prefer the daily dose, but this drug can last months. It is extremely strong or potent and can be made weak to make your little Attention deficit child normal. It is an incredible mood stabilizer and reduces psychosis. Use it for cancer patient and for people with pain issues. It works.
This medicine is a continual drug made from interchangeable ingredients that heals and alleviates the symptoms of many illnesses including cancer and mental illness and pain and many others with the unique benefit it can be combined with medicines like Zyprexa with the benefit of this combination lasting months with a extremely strong, narcotic in nature and easily tamed medicinal benefit for over 21 days. Although please understand, I don’t need to add Zyprexa or Ibuprofen to this medicine because it is good enough to do the job without adding any medicine to it.
This is a food. I used basic food to make this drug. You can use the plants and ingredients from the backyard, the field, or the grocery store to make this drug. This is a medicine that continues inside the human and animal body that will work on most or many symptoms in Exhibit A. Exhibit A and B are a complete or mostly complete list of mine and Micah’s illness symptoms. I started with simple 1 to 3 ingredients combinations of which were all interchangeable, even the processes were interchangeable. Exhibit G has a combination that is so strong after you quit taking it, that every drug manufacturer on this planet will be wanting to kill me. I did it. It is a food combination. This is a food that can be interchanged with many other like kind ingredients. The processes used are many, but I sampled all of them and eliminated many of the side-effects by eliminating combinations that do not work. It is a processed drug. It is a drug. I spent almost 6 years sampling and changing these to make one interchangeable ingredient great one (with many variations) in best methods exhibit and favorite best methods exhibit and have used hundreds and written thousands. They all are good, but some are better than others. The interchangeability of this drug and the number of interchangeability and processing of ingredients up to 7 is so crucial to making strong or weak drugs and the 7 ingredient combination makes this drug continually medicate the body and it can make other medicines continue also. I can use 3 ingredients, 1 or 7, other combinations and more additions and processes them all many ways.
I am a minister who has prayed my way through this medicine.
THE INVENTION CLAIMED IS:
1. A method of treating a human suffering from cancer, pain, and Bipolar disorder consisting essentially of administering to said human therapeutically effective amounts of evening primrose oil, rice, sesame seeds, green beans, coffee, meat, cheese, milk, green tea extract, evening primrose seeds, and wine.
U.S. Patent No. 4,151,613: Protective device for the buttocks and hips of a person for use in skateboarding.
JW Note: For all our readers who are also skateboarding enthusiasts!
What is claimed is:
1. A flexible, unitarily molded, protective device for wearing on and protecting the buttocks and hips of a person engaging in the sport of skateboarding comprising:
a. casing means having resilient means disposed therein and having a generally rectangular configuration adapted to be worn around a person’s midsection and comprising cutout sections in the upper portion providing upwardly extending arm members;
b. said arm members comprising slot means containing a belt member therethrough;
c. said rectangular casing means including a lower main body portion comprising tongue means and annular slot means at each side;
d. a pair of double stranded cord means secured to the lower central portion of said main body portion and to said annular slot means on each side of said lower body portion whereby said device is worn and secured around a person’s waist by securing said belt member to the person’s waist and securing each of said cord means around each of the person’s legs.
U.S. Patent No.8,147,323: Gaming machine with visual and audio indicia changed over time.
JW Note: Wishing a Happy Holidays to all! See you in 2014!
For more holiday TIW? from years past, click here.
What is claimed is:
1. A gaming system, comprising: a gaming terminal having a display for displaying (i) a basic game having a plurality of symbols that indicate a randomly selected outcome selected from a plurality of outcomes, (ii) one of a first group of bonus games in response to a special event occurring during the basic game within a first time period, (iii) one of a second group of bonus games in response to the special event occurring during the basic game within a second time period, the second time period occurring after the first time period, and (iv) one of the first group of bonus games in response to the special event occurring during the basic game within a third time period, the third time period occurring after the second time period; and a controller coupled to the gaming terminal and operative to (i) associate the first group of bonus games with the basic game during the first time period, (ii) associate the second group of bonus games with the basic game during the second time period such that, during the second time period, the second group of bonus games can be played but the first group of bonus games cannot be played, and (iii) associate the first group of bonus games with the basic game during the third time period such that, during the third time period, the first group of bonus games can be played but the second group of bonus games cannot be played.
U.S. Patent No.1,466,559: Exercising device.
1. A device for exercising the teeth comprising a plate adapted to correspond with the articulation of the user, and means connected with the plate for exerting traction on said plate whereby the teeth are positively exercised, as and for the purpose set forth.
2. A device for exercising the teeth comprising a plate of suitable material, means for reinforcing said plate, said reinforcing means projecting from said plate in the form of an eye, and traction-producing means secured to said eye.
3. A device for exercising the teeth comprising a plate formed to conform to the articulation of the user, and traction-producing means adapted to be attached to said 10 plate, said traction-producing means comprising a pliable elastic member.
4:. As a new article of manufacture, a de– wearer vice for exercising the teeth, comprising a plate shaped to conform to the contour of the mouth and having on each side comparatively deep depressions to receive the teeth, said depressions corresponding in number to the teeth of the user so that each tooth will be seated in a depression, the plate being rovided with a member projecting from gs front portion whereby when traction is exerted upon said member, each individual tooth will be exercised.